The role of a medical device in health care is not deniable. A medical device is equipment, instrument or some implant that is used to diagnose, monitor, treat and prevent you from a disease or injury. It is not cured through any chemical, immunological or metabolic reaction occurring inside the body.
A medical device works in combination with other instruments or accessories for its proper functioning in the replacement or eradication of a physiological problem and controls conception.
Medical devices vary largely in their manufacturing and application. They can be simple devices like thermometers, tongue scrapers, disposable gloves, and dental instruments to advanced devices like computers which assist in medical testing, in labs, in implants, etc.
These devices are used in supporting medical treatment for the sustenance of life, in the disinfection of medical devices and in providing information through Vitro specimensexaminations.These devices have therapeutic benefits and can offer services in a wide range of medical treatments.
Breast implants, blood pressure monitors, syringes, MRI scanners, artificial hips, condoms, orthodontics, lubricating eye drops, etc. are the examples of Medical Devices.
Other specified devices for special cases may include disinfecting substances, aiding devices of disables, in-vitro fertilization instruments and devices for incorporating human/animal tissues.
They are widely studied, researched and used in the practical fields of bioinformatics and biomedical engineering, etc.
Medical Device News:
Due to the vast research and application of Medical Devices, the field is emerging day by day and advancements are made in the manufacturing and application of technological devices for medical purposes.
Recent studies show the following developments over time:
- Robots are taking the control over to help the researchers in making such devices
- Excessive use of iPads in health and medical research departments
- The use of nanotechnology for the manipulation of matter in making remarkable devices having unique properties and usage
- Heart attack predictions through infrared technology
- Discovery of a drug adherence combo device
- Inauguration of first digital health innovation center
- Profitable silicon nitride implants
- Development of unique wearable and ingestible devices
- Emergence of cancer-cell mapping devices for preventing diseases
- Non-surgical balloon shaped device to cure obesity
- Spinal cord stimulation system for treating pains
- Approval of corneal implant technology to improve vision
- Use of CoreValve System for valve replacements
- Discovery of CPR devices for the prevention of cardiac arrests
- Use of closure system for the permanent treatment of varicose veins
- Use of clears system to reduce strokes during stent and angioplasty surgeries
- Discovery of Cardio band mitral repair device
- Investigation of power morcellators
- Nipro acquiring infrared treatments
- HeartWarepauses MVAD trials
- 3D camera technology for brain surgery innovation
- Emergence of Depression Signal Transduction
- Detection of blood clots through scanning
- Discovery of Chimaera device for wireless pain relief
- Insulin patches replacing injections
- Improved Wavelet medical imaging technology
- Real time data discovery for cancer therapies
- Narrowing pituitary tumors
- Surgical techniques preventing kidney tumors